Just when I thought I was on a roll with the state flower blocks, I ran out of my color (DMC #645) for the letters. Despite numerous vistis to every place in town that carries embroidery supplies--not that many--I couldn't find it in stock. So, online I went and ordered a bunch from JoAnn's website. I am now waiting patiently for it to arrive. In the meantime, I've gotten quite a few blocks finished. Stitching up a storm, as a matter of fact. In doing so, I discovered a blunder I made for the North Dakota Prairie Rose...I accidently dropped one of the I's in prairie! I didn't catch it until I was halfway through embroidering the flower. This has since been corrected on the PDF's and resent, however, if you ordered the iron-on's please contact me if you would like the new transfer and I'll send it along with my sincere apologies.
Speaking of JoAnn's, we are getting a new one! This is very thrilling. I was nearby this morning, in the rain and mud, and swung in to check on the progress. It looks like it's going to be twice as big and in a nicer location. It's scheduled to be finished in a few more months; we are counting the days.
I'm also counting the days until Spring, which is right around the corner now. It appears I am not the only one. Waiting.
Grace's adorable "fat cat" creation is making me smile today--pattern from Knitted Toy Tales.