I got busy and finished up the apron-smock.
The fabric I used was salvaged from the same duvet I used to make the sewing chair slip-cover. Now we're twins! Can't tell where I start and the chair ends. Scary.
And I still have lots of fabric left, especially the polka-dot, so it's a good thing I really like it. Perfect for making garden & kitchen smocks anyway.
The smock is the same one I blogged about here. But what's exciting is that Simplicity reprinted this pattern again as #2950 under 'Misses Retro Aprons'. I was so happy when I found out (thanks again, Bethany), because the pattern I had (from 1972) was just one size: SMALL.
Which no longer works for me. (ahem)
I found the pattern online from the Simplicity website. It is nice that they added the ties, which was how I always made this. You can still seam up the back and leave an opening large enough to slip this over your head if you prefer to wear it as a top though. I definitely need one of these in polka-dot now.