I'm so pleased with how this turned out. It's basically two seperate pieces slipped over the chair. The chair fabric underneath has a brushed nap to it and holds the slip-cover in place quite nicely, so no ties were needed.
Each slip-cover I've made has been a little bit different due to the dimensions and the hardware on the chairs. The back-rest on this one was slightly wider at the top--so to mitigate that, I made a small drawstring casing to pull in the extra fabric around the middle. It works!
I'm off to find more stuff to cover up now . . . including myself.
With a new smock in the making.