Next on my list of make-overs: my "Captain Kirk" chair.
It's the chair I use at my sewing machine. I've had it for ages and it's pretty comfy, but the arm rests need to go. Removing them will make the chair easier to cover; I won't have them banging into the table anymore either.
As I was measuring the seat, I noticed it was about the same size as the back of the chair, only turned the other direction. Saved myself a little time here with only having to make one pattern instead of two.
This pretty paisley fabric was formerly a king-size duvet cover (IKEA 1999), that I bought last year at a flea market. I couldn't resist. It was a lovely 82-inches wide with no middle seams and a bonus polka-dot backing. The very fact that they were red polka-dots sealed the deal. Basically, just two large sheets sewn together, making it very simple to trim away the side seams, which is what I did yesterday. Hope to finish it up today. Will share how it turns out later . . .