So this is one of the things I've been working on. I guess you could say, two things. They don't have their hair yet; thought they were cute though, like a pair of kewpies with that little point at the top of their heads. I got the pattern here and have so far made Autumn and Winter. Somehow I missed Spring. Oh, well, next year perhaps. I'm making one for Ginger and one for a special birthday girl. The party is Friday so I've got to get back to this today if I'm going to finish it in time. I'd been dreaming about making a rose-colored one, and found this velour quite by chance at Joann's. Just walked in the door and there it was. That just never happens and I was so happy because I'm working under a time crunch and have no time to go driving all over tar-nation hunting for stuff.
Speaking of which, I might as well confess that I'm late getting my Club Little House project finished too. (I'm so cringing here and hanging my head in shame...shame I tell you!) It all just took longer than I thought it would as some things didn't exactly go according to plan. Actually, none of it did..oops. The idea was good, but the construction aspect just didn't fall into place like it was supposed to. I'm just not used to production-line crafting. I can't say that I really enjoy it either. I suppose though, if I'd stuck to a simpler project things might have run more smoothly. Lesson learned. As it stands I am behind and in fact, still waiting for more parts to arrive by post, as I was short a few pieces, and another component was damaged in the package and thus had to be replaced. But that is the least of it, the biggest challenge for me was the measuring, cutting, and gluing X 12. I didn't think I was ever going to see the end of it. One evening I spent two hours working on this and only managed to finish ONE item and then ended up throwing it out because it wasn't right. I somehow glued the top to the bottom and the bottom to the top and I don't know what. And I messed up again the following night, wasting hours of time with nothing to show for it but a pile of tiny disasters! I finally got my groove on and eventually things began moving in the right direction but getting there was painful. Because I really wanted these to be perfect, and well, they are not. Not even close. But I hope they are well-received anyway, and I'm really hoping, with fingers crossed, that these are in the mail soon and Amy doesn't kick me out of the club!